On Saturday, while Mike took the kids for a bike ride (to celebrate getting new tires for his bike), I cleaned up the house a bit, cleaned the bathtub and got the bath water ready for the kids. When the kids came back and were in the bath, I was doing something--can't remember. I wasn't feeling real productive. Anyway, we got a call from the bathroom that there was (the dreaded) poop in the bath! Ugh. I told Mike and we went in together--I needed the moral support.
Sure enough, the report was correct. We got rid of most of the poop and had the kids stand up so they wouldn't be contaminated more than they already were. While Mike cleaned the toys in the sink, I decided I wouldn't be running fresh bath water, but would just shower the kids off. As Mike cleaned the toys, the sink filled up with water. Bummer. So, I got the kids showered and dressed in their jammies. Then I cleaned the bathtub, again.
Mike got the sink unclogged--finally. He had to use compressed air to get it cleaned out. I said, "Do you want to do the bathtub, too?" He opened the shower curtain and we discovered where all the yuckies from the sink ended up--blackness on the bottom of the twice cleaned tub. Gross. Mike had to open up the back of the bathtub--which has an opening through our room on my side of the closet. I told Mike I would take the kids to get take out. A little adventure. The kids don't get to ride in the van in their jammies very often. When we got back, Mike had finished unclogging the tub and we had dinner. God gave me the strength to clean the tub for the third time in one day and to go ahead and clean the sink and counter, too. At least now I don't have to clean the tub till the middle of February now.:)
sport brella xl
-
sport brella xl sport brella xl
[image: sport brella xl]
Buy SportBrella XL Umbrella Portable Canopy : Tents at SamsClub.com..At 9'
wide, the SportBrella...
4 years ago

4 comments:
Wow! I have had my share of plumbing issues this week too (though not as icky as yours and it resulted in a clean kitchen floor). Sunday night I went into the kitchen to cover something on the stove before going to bed (it was already ten)and discovered my kitchen was flooded into the dining area and both sinks were backed up. This is only the second time in a week. So I relunctantly called the manager (woke her of course) and grabbed all my old towels and mopped up the water. It took until almost 11 to get it all cleaned up. By the time I got up the next morning the sinks were drained down but black and icky. By the time I returned from work the clogged sinks were cleared but I had to put my dining area back in order.
yeah but it's all good now. the sequel to my trauma was computer issues
Whoa - that sounds very frustrating. It sounds like you handled it well, though. :)
AHHH plumbing issues. We will have to tell you about the flushed match box cars story sometime!!!
Post a Comment