Saturday, March 7, 2009

This first week with our 3 kids

Mike has gotten to be home this week. I don't even want to know what it would have been like if he hadn't been here. I'll find out close enough in the coming weeks. Mike has pretty much taken over the laundry, the dishes, dinners and getting the kids up and dressed each day. He also cleaned off the kitchen counters, planted some flowers/plants, and done some finish work to the front yard. He has let me focus on Stephen and getting rest. Thank you, Mike, for being my Superman!

One of the benefits of Mike being home is that he and Clay have bonded more. Here is a picture of Clay "working" with Daddy out in the garage. Very cute. Here is Stephen in the corner of the chair. I used his collar to keep his head for getting cold on the leather.
A burp rag doubles as his blanket.:)
Mike took this picture of Stephen looking up at Grandpa H. Look at those beautiful eyes!
He keeps his ankles crossed a lot.
Mike and Clay bonding over a puzzle
Poor Jenelle has been pretty sick all week--eyes glazed over and watering, nose running, a fever. Very sad. She fell asleep in the chair before dinner one night. We keep thinking she's getting better, but it seems to be two steps forward, one step back. Prayers for her would be appreciated.
Stephen received this little doggie outfit from my sister's family and the little lamb from my niece, Keri. Thank you, Keri. This was Stephen's first care package/mail. Prett special. My sister sent me a bag of chocolate. She has four kids--she understands. Thank you, Shelle.

5 comments:

Jessica said...

Glad that Mike could be home with you this week to help :) Looks like Stephen is adjusting nicely.... I want to sleep like him :) I hope you are able to get some good rest and I'll pray for wellness in your family.

Kristi Johnson said...

Stephen has alot of hair. Did the other two have that much hair as newborns? I can't remember. God Bless Mike. Wish I lived close enough to help out when he returns to work. Hope to make it over soon to meet Stephen and play with Jenelle and Clay.

Bonnie said...

Thanks for posting some fun pictures! I have been and will keep praying for Jenelle -- I thought that she would surely be better by now. :(

How long are your dinners being provided? If you need more, I would love to bring one (Monday, Tuesday, or Thursday work best) and Pam Y. is interested, too.

Did you make it to your piano recital today? I thought of you as we drove past.

Denise Nordquist said...

Loved the update and pictures of this past week.

3T Heppenstall said...

Very cute pics. That is awesome that Mike has been able to help you out this week and really cool that him and Clay have been able to bond more. :-)

 
Site Meter