Saturday, February 2, 2008

Kids

Clayton's 18 month picture--when he was 19 months 1 day old. So I'm off a bit. :)
Clayton has been doing a lot of cute things lately. This morning, I gave him two mini pancakes and Jenelle said, "I want one." He handed her one. I was amazed that he understood and that he shared. I am proud of him.

On Thursday, we started letting Clay have his "me" (his pacifier) only in his crib. He seems to understand it and doesn't whine about it.

Clayton brings me his slippers, sits on my lap for me to put them on him and then puts up his other shoes. Cute.

We have three things going for Jenelle right now.
1) If she goes potty, wipes, and washes without whining, she gets a sticker. That has improved greatly in just three days.
2) If she answers us with "Okay, Mommy/Daddy" when we ask her to do something, we mark it down on a tally chart. She is answering us the correct way without whining a lot more often.
3) If she makes it all day without waiting too long to go potty (keeping her panties dry) she gets a nickel at the end of the day. She does well on that off and on. It depends how distracted she is, but the sticker chart is helping with that, too.

Clay and Jenelle have started to play nicely together and it's so nice. We are very blessed.

We watched Groundhog Day in honor of this day. Does anyone know if the groundhog saw his shadow today?

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Both Jenelle and Clay are too cute! Are you going to put your missionary map back up in the window room? That is one thing that I have always loved about your house.

Guess what? We watched Groundhog Day tonight (the 3rd) in honor of yesterday. I think that every year since we have started this tradition, we have watched it the day after Groundhog Day. Oh well!

Heather Hekman said...

Well, you have your own tradition. I'll ask Mike about the maps. I have missed them.

 
Site Meter