Well, the kids were playing outside in the North 40 and Mike wants me to let them have fun out there because it's fun to play in the dirt/mud/wet sand and not worry about getting dirty. So, when it was time for them to come in for naps and Clayton had a line of dirt down the middle of his shirt and his pants and shoes were caked with sand, too, I just stripped him down outside and brought him inside to change him. No big deal. I was pretty calm about it. After I put him down for his nap, I washed and soaked his clothes. Jenelle was taking a potty break before her nap and came out the bathroom crying that her socks got wet. I didn't understand, so I asked for clarification. "They got wet from the toilet? How did that happen?" I was about to find out. Jenelle's cry was a cry of fear. She said, "I used too much toilet paper." Yes, she did. The toilet overflowed and I heard water going down the vent! I was still calm. I just couldn't think of the best way to clean things up. I got a mop (that works well for cleaning, but not sponging up water). After that, I just grabbed a burp rag and a big towel and start sopping and squeezing. I had needed to clean the bathroom floor, but never got around to it. Well, here was my opportunity. Since the rugs were wet anyway, I put them in the washer (along with Clay's clothes) and the burp rag and towel and cleaned the bathroom floor. When the clothes were all cleaned and dry, the rugs out on the deck drying, I folded and put away some formerly white items now a nice shade of light blue--his socks and the burp rag. All in a day's work. We're all still alive, mostly calm and the bathroom floor is clean.:)
4 comments:
Well, that is one way to get your bathroom floor clean ;)
I remember many years ago, about 37 or so, I stripped the kids to their undies and hosed them off before they could come in the house, (this happend more than once!)ask Mike if he remembers that! What fun, next time you better take pictures!
Mom H
Heather, You did a great job handling all that "stress" at one time. I think in the "working" world you would deserve a bonus or a raise or something. So. . . go ahead and give yourself one. Maybe 5 extra room-time minutes so you can just sit with your feet up and sip a frap or something.
Denise
Thanks for the raise.:) I'll remember that and take it when I really need it. You deserve one, too.:)
Post a Comment