Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I don't feel like much has happened lately besides regular life, but that is actually good. Last week was pretty busy. Besides the kids' dr appts, I also had a baby appt and things went very well. I sure love hearing the baby's heartbeat!

On Saturday, I got to help with a double shower for two friends from church. Both of their babies are due in November and neither one is finding out the sex before the baby is born. Very exciting. It was a nice shower--just 6 of us and Sheri set it up as a tea. She's so good at that.

Saturday afternoon, I decided it was finally time to get out all of the maternity clothes that are mine and those that have been loaned to me and sort them out to see what I like and what will work for me. I still haven't finished, but I have made some headway.

Mike worked a lot this weekend on part 2 of our entertainment center. All he has left to do is sand and stain. It already looks great!

A neat treat on Monday. Since it was Columbus Day, my mom had the day off and my dad took it off. They came over during my second (last) piano lesson to be with the kids and then stayed for dinner and to hang out with us. It was so nice and sure makes me look forward to their retirement so I can see them more--just for the fun of it.

Today, my friend, Denise, and I continued our tradition. Since we were pregnant with our girls, Denise and I started going to Olive Garden for lunch. When we had no kids, it was easier to get together. Now that she has 3 and I have 2, it is more of a challenge to get together, but we sure don't take it for granted. Her mom-in-law watched her kids and Jessica (my sis-in-law) watched my kids. We tried to enjoy every moment. We even went through Starbucks drive-thru to make our relaxing time last a bit longer. That was fun to look forward to and the time out was so fun.

God has blessed me in so many ways!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay so this is neat! I was able to hook up with your blog through your comment! How fun, now I can track yours. :) Glad you enjoyed a nice lunch. Hope you are feeling well! By the way your pictures are great. Love, Caroline

Jessica said...

I'm glad you were able to enjoy such a nice time with Denise :) Time alone with friends is rare when you have little ones!

 
Site Meter