Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Our Anniversary Trip

Our anniversary dessert. Can you see the little card that says "Happy Anniversary"?

We left on Wed. night last week and stayed in the Hotel Parisi. It was quite different than what we're used to. There was one regular desk for check in with one person and one luggage carrier (can't think of the proper term for that) waiting for us. We checked in quite easily about 10 pm. We had stopped at In n Out for our first meal on our trip. Yummy. After we checked in, we decided to take a walk outside. How often do we get to do that at 10:15 pm? Actually, how often are we even awake at that time? Anyway, on Thursday, we strolled down to the beach overlook and enjoyed watching the waves crash on the beach. It was beautiful weather. Mike had made reservations for a restaurant named Georges (no apostrophe). That was part of the package he had won along with 2 nights in the Hotel Parisi. It was quite a fancy restaurant. Being the non risk taker that I am, I opted for tenderloin. It was the most tender steak either of us had ever eaten and served with potato puree--not mashed potatoes (although I couldn't tell the difference).

Here is a picture of us as we headed out to Georges.We ordered dessert, but I don't remember the fancy name of it. We were served complimentary sparkling cider because it was our anniversary. That was very nice. I've never been to a restaurant where they have servers just waiting for you to take a drink of water so they can refill it. My water didn't get lower than 1/3 full. Great service! Fun to experience.
We relaxed. You can tell in these next two pictures.
Part of the package of free things that Mike won, was a pair of tickets to Birch's Scripps aquarium. We spent a couple of hours there on Friday morning.
This is one of the unique creatures we viewed at the aquarium. Can you tell what it is?
We stayed at Embassy Suites on Friday and Saturday nights. We felt at home there. We've been going there for our anniversaries off and on for about 5 years. We shopped at the mall across the street a bit on Friday and Saturday. We went to dinner on Saturday night about 8--again, how often does that happen? Thank you again, parents, for making this possible. We appreciate you more than we can say!

This is one of the first pregnancy pictures we've taken of me.

7 comments:

Cathy M said...

Hi Baby 3, I can't wait to meet you!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! How awesome that you got to have such a nice trip. Heather you really look great! Your pictures are beautiful. What a cute little baby bump. :) Love, Caroline

Cowen Family said...

Maybe I missed the post about the prize...I will check, if not, can you update the blog on how he won all that amazing stuff? I am so glad for you guys. How wonderful! I can only dream of such a trip...only a few years off!
The pic of the sea animal is a sea horse?...

Jessica said...

Cute pictures. Glad you could enjoy being away together :) I'm so happy you went and tried something different! :)

Denise Nordquist said...

What a fun time!!! You both look great - a very good looking couple! Glad you got to get away and just enjoy each other.

3T Heppenstall said...

Sounds like you guys had such a wonderful trip. Nice and relaxing. :-)

Bonnie said...

I finally have time to log in and leave a comment instead of just reading your posts! ;-) (Time is precious around here right now....)

Anyway, I'm so glad that you had fun. It's fun that you were able to get dressed up and have a fancy dinner, and that you were able to relax and "let your hair down".

Love, Bonnie

 
Site Meter