Monday, December 22, 2008

The New Sound in our house

It's not the sound of a baby crying. We still have 3 months till we hear that.

For my birthday, Mike ordered and installed a dishwasher for me! After 9 years of washing dishes by hand, we now have a stainless steel dishwasher. Yeah.

Here is the before picture. (Mike had to take out one drawer and one cabinet,
but we didn't lose the cutting board.)He took out the board for the drawer.
Cutting some more. We found it helpful to put up the gate so he wouldn't have a lot of extra "help."
The hole is completed. He's looking over the dishwasher.
Figuring things out
Taking a look at the new appliance
Figuring out all the options we have for washing
The kids and I taking off the packaging cover
Yeah, my new dishwasher.
We have already run our first load of dishes through and we are pleased with the outcome. I will really enjoy not having to hand wash sippy cups (and bottles in the near future) as often. Thank you, Mike for all the thought and effort that you put into this gift. You're great!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

yeah mike good job and happy birthday heather!!

Jessica said...

Wow! I sure hope this gives Matt some motivation :) Boy do I ever understand how it is to wash dishes by hand! I have to agree that sippy cups and bottles are the worst. I get tired of always having spotted cups and utensils too, but oh well.

3T Heppenstall said...

That is such a nice gift! Mike is so thoughtful! And he's so handy, too. It seems that he's always fixing something or putting something together or creating something! Good stuff!

Ri said...

Wow Mike is such a handy man! :-) He knows how to fix/modify so many things in your house. Enjoy your new dishwasher.
And Merry Christmas to you all!

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the dishwasher and Hppy Belated Birthday Heather. How was your Christmas? I am still in Phoenix. My brother and his family arrived Sunday afternoon. We will all be leaving Saturday so once again the house will be empty and quiet for my parents. How are your parents liking their fifth wheel?

 
Site Meter