Wednesday, January 23, 2008

The Results of the Chicken and Me

Here is me and the chicken (which I thought was done). It smelled delicious. I got it out after its two hours in the oven. When I cut into it, it was still pink. We put it back into the oven and checked on it 2 more times. After a half hour extra, we decided it was done. It wasn't. We discovered that the next night when we were having it for dinner. We nuked it for a few minutes and called it good--or at least a worthy attempt. Seasoned salt helped. Mike appreciated my efforts. He's so nice.


My kids' dinner that night: vegetable soup, pretzels, Lean Pockets Breakfast sandwich, and Craisins. I had cereal. Not the chicken dinner I envisioned. Because dinner was so late (since I had to put the chicken back in for that extra 30 minutes and it wasn't even scheduled to be done till 6:20PM), Clayton was deeply upset, he didn't want to pray. When I sat down to eat a few minutes later (after he had some food in him), he held out his hand and kind of squinted his eyes off and on. At first I didn't know what he was doing. Then I realized that he was showing me he was ready to pray. Very cute. Precious. He also is using a fork quite efficiently. Proud mommy.

2 comments:

Denise Nordquist said...

I'm so sorry the chicken dinner didn't turn out. I had such high hopes for it. I showed Art the picture of it uncooked and his comment was, "wow, that's a big chicken!" I wonder if that was the deal. Maybe your bird was much bigger than the ones we get at Staters, thus needing more oven time. Anyway, props on your efforts and I think you really should give it another go. Love, Denise

Jessica said...

I had the same problem... I think they were bigger birds than normal ones. I had to nuke ours for a few seconds before we could eat it. Don't let this deter you, keep on cooking!! :)

 
Site Meter