Sunday, February 15, 2009

Weekend

Mike and I got to go to dinner on Friday night while Mike's parents had the kids. We went to Famous Dave's for the first time. Mike really liked it and would like to go back. We were first seated in the bar (which isn't the best smell in the world, but we could've taken it okay) in a booth. Unfortunately, both sides of the booth had air blowing right down on them. We asked to moved and to our delight, we were moved to a table right in front of the fireplace. Cozy and romantic.:)

From there, we went to Life House Theater to see Beauty and the Beast. The way they presented it as a picture of Jesus seeing the heart, not just the outward appearance was very neat. It was so nice to come home and not have to put the kids to bed. Thank you, Mom and Dad H, for taking the kids overnight. What a treat. I tried to sleep in till 7am, but woke up about 6:30--even with a Tylenol PM in me. Oh well.

We had breakfast at Mike's parents'--waffles with syrup, strawberries and Cool Whip along with bacon and OJ. It was nice to hang out together. We brought the kids home with us from there.

Mike spent some time in the front yard cleaning it up and adding more gravel to the front rose garden. The kids and I played ball out while Mike was working. It was too cold for me, but I know it's good to be outside, so I lasted a little while.

Saturday night, I took the kids to my parents' because my sister is here for the weekend before flying out to Israel on Monday. (Mike was finishing up working in the front yard and needed to spend some more time doing Bible study before teaching our class on Sunday morning) It's nice to hang out there.

They will be coming over here for lunch (they're actually brining lunch) today so they can be with Mike during the Daytona 500--first race of the season. We are looking forward to having Monday off. We're hoping for that 80% chance of rain that has been forecasted.

1 comment:

Kristi Johnson said...

sounds like a busy weekend. glad you and Mike were able to have some time together. It's nice to have family close to help with the kiddos. I have alot of church family to take care of my puppy if I need to be away from her. The only time I will need that is for retreat next month. Enjoy your Monday.

 
Site Meter