Thursday, September 4, 2008

Why is our oven in the middle of the kitchen?

Well, it wasn't just so I could clean under/behind it, but that did get done. While Mike was at the computer, I was showing him something and he said, "What was that?" THAT ended up being a MOUSE. It had scurried from the kitchen to Wally's room. We turned the couch down and the chairs and saw what Mike described as "a big mouse, not a rat." Anyway, we found plenty of mouse droppings behind the couch AND there were some on the counter by the toaster! Ugh. That's why Mike pulled out the oven. He got some wood pieces and covered a couple of holes behind the oven. We thought we had it cornered last night (Wally was helping us to track it this time instead of just hiding in his cubby hole), but it went under our tri-fold mattress blockade. Mike has set a trap once and it was licked clean. It doesn't feel good to get tricked by a mouse. I guess we know how Tom feels in "Tom and Jerry." I'll let you know if we ever catch this intruder. Hopefully it will be soon.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

ugh, i hate mice. WE've had one eluding us and our traps in our garage. I hope you catch it!

Bonnie said...

Oh, I have the willies now. I hope you catch it soon!

Bonnie said...

P.S. I am jealous that you got to clean under your stove. Do you have any idea what is under ours? Some Tupperware lids, toys, kitchen utensils, etc. I don't think it's our place to take it out of it's "cubby", but there are times that I would like to.

 
Site Meter